Sunday, April 11, 2010

fights in life

Fuck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

Tyler Durden
***
We are all part of the same compost heap.
Tyler Durden
***
We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need.
Tyler Durden

***


Fuck what you know. You need to forget about what you know, that's your problem. Forget about what you think you know about life, about friendship, and especially about you and me.

Tyler Durden

***

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Tyler Durden

***

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Tyler Durden

***

Only after disaster can we be resurrected.

Tyler Durden

***
You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Tyler Durden

***

My God. I haven't been fucked like that since grade school.
Marla Singer
***
You're the worst thing that's ever happened to me.

Marla Singer

***

Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Narrator

***

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.


Narrator

***

I am Jack's broken heart.

Narrator

***

I am Jack's wasted life.

Narrator

***

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

Narrator

***

I wrote little haiku poems. I emailed them to everyone.

Narrator

***

I am Jack's cold sweat.
Narrator
***
By the end of the first month, I didn't miss TV.
Narrator
***
Marla's philosophy of life is that she might die at any moment. The tragedy, she said, was that she didn't.

Narrator

***

Narrator: [Tyler steers the car into the opposite lane and accelerates] What are you doing?
Tyler Durden: Guys, what would you wish you'd done before you died?
Ricky: Paint a self-portrait.
The Mechanic: Build a house.
Tyler Durden: [to Narrator] And you?
Narrator: I don't know. Turn the wheel now, come on!
Tyler Durden: You have to know the answer to this question! If you died right now, how would you feel about your life?
Narrator: I don't know, I wouldn't feel anything good about my life, is that what you want to hear me say? Fine. Come on!
Tyler Durden: Not good enough.

***


Narrator: This is crazy...
Tyler Durden: People do it everyday, they talk to themselves... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it.

***

Tyler Durden: [pointing at an emergency instruction manual on a plane] You know why they put oxygen masks on planes?
Narrator: So you can breath.
Tyler Durden: Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows.
Narrator: That's, um... That's an interesting theory.

***

Tyler Durden: Where'd you go, psycho boy?
Narrator: I felt like destroying something beautiful

***

Marla Singer: There are things about you that I like. You're smart, you're funny, you're... spectacular in bed... But you're intolerable! You have very serious emotional problems. Deep seated problems for which you should seek professional help.
Narrator: I know, and I'm sorry...
Marla Singer: Yeah, you're sorry, I'm sorry, everybody's sorry, but... I can't do this anymore. I can't. And I won't. I'm gone.
***


Marla Singer: A condom is the glass slipper for our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night, and then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
Narrator: What?





"You met me at a very strange time in my life." Narrator


Fight Club, 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment